Morrinsville Real Estate Ltd, a member of “Professionals” group, is the oldest real estate company in Morrinsville and is wholly locally owned.
The Company was founded by Frank Augustin Pickett in 1925. Mr Pickett employed his son, Reg, in 1947 and the latter played an active role in the business until his retirement in 1985.
It was in 1978 that Reg Pickett invited Colin Fabish to join him on a part-time basis. Mr Fabish, even at that stage, had completed most of his real estate examinations and he went on to qualify as an Associate of the Real Estate Institute of New Zealand (AREINZ). Soon after he joined the industry on a fulltime basis and purchased the company in 1985.
Mr Fabish has served on the executive committee of the Waikato-Bay of Plenty branch of the Real Estate Institute of New Zealand, is past president of that organization and was honoured, in 1993, by being made a Fellow of REINZ.
Although wanting to retain independence, Mr Fabish could see merit in having an association with a larger group of realtors and was able to achieve both objectives, in 1988, when Frank A Pickett & Company, now Morrinsville Real Estate Ltd was accepted as a member of “Professionals”.
Professionals are among the biggest and most successful real estate groups in Australasia. It comprises privately-owned real estate offices, working in the interests of its owner-operators and consequently their clients.
Unlike some other groups which are required to pay a percentage of their income to their franchise owner, Professionals operate as a co-operative with members paying only a levy to meet the costs of administration and promotion. This ensures operating costs are minimized, reflecting on the viability of the group (and the company) which will still be in business tomorrow, next year and many years from now.
Professionals offer continued staff training which Morrinsville Real Estate Ltd makes full use of, ensuring that clients are serviced by well informed personnel.